Monday, April 1, 2013

The Lord Has Prepared a Table

The Lord has blessed our family with the most beautiful table, and I am completely in awe of His blessings.

With the addition of 7 more children to our family, the "large" dinning room table we had would no longer be able to seat our entire family. We weren't sure what we would do to rectify this problem, but God had already taken care of that detail!

A wonderful friend of ours, Larry, was moved by the Spirit to create the most beautiful table I have ever seen.

The table was special made with raw cut wood from a saw mill in Georgia. Then, Larry and his friend, Ken, worked long and hard to create the beautiful masterpiece which they presented to us a couple days ago.



In the top of the table, Larry beautifully burned into the wood part of Psalm 23, "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies..."

What an absolutely beautiful reminder that the Lord is our shepherd. He is there for us no matter what the situation. We are not to be disheartened no matter the circumstances because He is in control, and He has all the details taken care of. He is with us no matter what we are enduring, and there is no where else I would rather be than in the house of the Lord!
Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presense of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (KJV)
I'm definitely feeling like our cup has runneth over! Thank you Lord for your provision. Thank you Larry and Ken for your obedience to the Lord's leading, and for all your time and energy you put into this amazing gift of love to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment